The Uromi Diocesan Catholic Men Organization (C.M.O) Executive led by its president, Mr. S.A. Ukhurebor paid a courtesy call on His Lordship, Most Rev. Dr. Donatus A. Ogun (OSA), on Wednesday 24th may, 2017. Also in attendance were the Vicar General, Very Rev. Fr. Francis Omolumen, the Chancellor, Very Rev. Fr. Hilary O. Odenore and the Personal Secretary to the Bishop, Rev. Fr. Gregory Abuya while the Diocesan C.M.O. Chaplain Very Rev. Fr. J.J. Onolemhemhen was unavoidably absent due to his annual vacation and other elected members of the executive.
This was the maiden visit to the Bishop since the newly elected C.M.O. executive came on board, on February 19th 2017 with the inauguration of the elected members of the executive into office carried out by the Chaplain, Very Rev. Fr. J.J. Onolemhemhen at Holy Trinity Catholic Church, Ewu on Sunday 19th February, 2017 (the day of the election).
After the opening prayer led by the Vicar General, Very Rev. Fr. F. Omolumen, the President presented his address with the presentation of members of the new executive to the Bishop and unfolded the activities carried out within the period as follow:
(1) The council attended the CBCN conference cum National C.M.O.N. meeting at Abuja from 4th – 6th March, 2017.
(2) The council attended two provincial meetings at St. Paul’s Benin and Mary the Queen, Ekpoma respectively.
(3) The council took active part in the celebration of the 2017 National laity week.
(4) The executive paid courtesy visits on the Deans of the five Deaneries with far reaching issues discussed.
(5) The council participated actively in the 2017 Cathedraticum celebration.
The president further highlighted the upcoming events/activities in 2017 as follows:
(1) The council hopes to organize a 3-day seminar for the spiritual uplift of the Catholic Men in the Diocese.
(2) The council is preparing identity card for men in the Diocese.
(3) The council is also planning for the celebration of the 2017 C.M.O. week/Father’s Day celebrations coming up in June (11th – 18th).
(4) The council hopes to attend a provincial Exco meeting in June, 2017.
(5) The council hopes also to attend 1st National Seminar at Onitsha in August, 2017.
(6) The council hopes also to attend training workshop/meeting at Auchi in September, 2017.
(7) The council hopes to attend National Conference of C.M.O.N. in Jos in October, 2017.
(8) The council hopes also to attend the C.B.C.N. Marian Conference in Benin City from October 12th – 14th.
(9) The council hopes also to attend the provincial C.M.O.N. 2nd AGM/launching of 2018 provincial calendar on the 18th of November, 2017.
(10) The council hopes also to attend the provincial laity seminar in November, 2017.
The C.M.O., through its president, Mr. S.A. Ukhurebor expressed their gratitude to the Bishop and pledged their unreserved loyalty to the Bishop in his task of piloting the affairs of the Diocese.
Responding, the Bishop welcomed the C.M.O. executive and congratulated the members for their victory at the poll. He appreciated them for their active participation in the celebration of the 2017 Cathedraticum.
Speaking further, the Bishop admonished the executive to develop the spirituality of the C.M.O. and this, according to the Bishop, will attract more members to the organization. On His part, the Bishop promised to support the growth of the organization in the Diocese in any way possible.
The visit came to a close with the closing prayer led by the Chancellor, Very Rev. Dr. Hilary O. Odenore while the blessing was done by His Lordship, Most Rev. Dr. Donatus A. Ogun (OSA), the Bishop of Uromi Diocese
By Ukhurebor S.A.